Friday, November 26, 2010

The best eating day of the year was not so filling...

So, our Thanksgiving post is picture-less and I will tell you why.  We started our day at 12:30 am.  Jaxson woke up in his cry screaming, so I went in, picked him up, and put him in our bed to sleep with us.  He kept whining, so I woke Neil and made him hold Jax so I could make him a bottle.  We had ran out of milk earlier and put his last 5 ounces in the fridge, but Jax normally has about 10 ounces at a time.  So when the bottle ran out, he was MAD!  He kicked us in the head, scratched us, slapped us, and would not go to sleep! At around 3:30, after Neil had gotten up and tried to sleep on the couch but was unsucessful so came back to bed, Jaxson finally fell back asleep. THANK THE LORD! I was finally able to rest after a tireing day before Thanksgiving.  Around 5:30 I woke up because I thaught Jaxson was choking but he was asleep and I was confused.  "Maybe I dreamed it"??  Nope! At 7:00 I heard it again and this time my poor baby was making a funny little noise with the chocking sound so I picked him up and starting hitting him on the back and he stopped.  Neil says "I think he puked" and there were 3 yellow, wet stains on our 1000 thread count white sheets! ugggg! So we get up, strip the bed, pre-treat our stains (which were also soaked into our down pillow topper) and put the babe in the bath tub.  He seemed fine after that and played around the house until we left for grandma's house. 

9:30 am, After our 1 hour drive from Indianapolis to Nashville we get out of our car and realize jaxson has thrown up again.  This time it was the same yellow bile-ish stuff but it was all over his sweater (which is hand wash only AHHHH).  We go in, Jax plays hard, eats all kinds of random foods, and has about 20 ounces of milk.  11:30- I get finished helping with the preparation of our wonderful dinner and decide it's time for me to shower and get ready.  I am enjoying my silence when I hear a knock at the door....it was mamaw Sally saying "your baby puked" and then opening the shower curtain and putting him in with me! lol My poor babe was covered in what looked like huge cottage cheese chunks and had a look on his face of pure confusion.  I bathed him off for the second time in one day while Neil called the doctor.

We were informed that a stomach bug had been going around and we were instructed to not let him eat or drink for 2 hours, and after that only Pedialite and water! AHH so no delicious Thanksgiving meal for little jaxson boy...it was so sad.  He sat at the table with us and drank watered-down Gatorade.  Bless his little heart, I felt so bad for him.  This is why there are no pictures of Jaxson's 2nd Thanksgiving, and why I spent my day in-between throw-ups and eating, doing laundry!

I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving and maybe we'll get a good post in a couple of days! lol!

1 comment:

  1. so sorry he was sick. if it makes you feel any better we spent thanksgiving in the er getting calebs broken leg taken care of. I as well have no pictures

    ReplyDelete